Monday 25 July 2011

REFLECTION ON MY OWN PROTOTYPE

I am not really good at crafting and making things, so the model doesn't look really good. The point here is I have had some experiences through making the prototype, I've researched around and gradually got the idea how a conveyor belt works. My prototype still need to be improved a lot. The strain on the images rolls is not good enough, it is loosen whenever I try to spin the handles.
And here is useful feedback I got from my tutor and classmates :
  • Put it a box and leave a small window for the images
  • One handle better
  • Consider changing images
  • Have the two axles connected through gears, etc... so they stay in line
  • Try to use wooden sticks instead of paper ones
My plan : need to find a way to improve the structure so it will make the whole images roll moves faster and also remain the strain on the paper surface.