Monday 12 September 2011

DESCRIPTION FOR PROJECT 2


DESCRIPTION – E FOR ENERGY
I am going to make an application on Ipod Touch. It is for sure I will aim to Ipod Touch or Iphone users, because I see more and more people with Apples products (Ipod, Iphone…). Furthermore, applications on Ipod Touch can be compatible with Iphone or even Ipad.
My idea is simple and the only need is a Bluetooth device connect to the household energy meter. In my opinion, if I provide a lot of information such as : each areas you have separate information, how much energy an application used, … people will get bored looking at them anyways no matter how interesting they look like. To me, “simple is the best”. At the very first, people need to choose their favorite things they really want to buy (a list with tons of things, I will make this with wide range of choices). Those choices will be reminded each month to “refresh” feeling from users. The idea is the application will provide a very common way of showing information about how much energy the user’s household used in column graphs and pie graphs with lots of numbers. It will be boring just looking at those graphs. However, this smart application will calculate the money (the energy cost will always up-to-date through the Internet) and equalize the money to your favorite “so-wanna” buy things you have chosen. For example, I really want steak meals, an Ipad and tomatoes, and I use $500 for this month, so it will be 5 steak meals, oh well not enough for an Ipad and 15 kg of tomatoes.
Furthermore, I think Apple’s products users intend more to the elegant and glossy design. I need to make lots of good design in order to attract them, otherwise users won’t care just a bit. The alarm system when users overuse power and the reminder every month will be well-designed.