Wednesday 28 September 2011

RESEARCH ON 3-CLICK RULE

Back to the Week 9's lecture, the interface is required applying 3-click rule. I was like "what is this rule about? I've never heard of this before"... Therefore, I take myself into and "dig" it...
Here is the information I found on wikipedia.com
The three-click rule or three click rule is an unofficial web design rule concerning the design of website navigation. It suggests that a user of a website should be able to find any information with no more than three mouse clicks. It is based on the belief that users of a site will become frustrated and often leave if they cannot find the information within the three clicks. Although there is little analytical evidence that this is the case, it is a commonly held belief amongst designers that the three click rule is part of a good system of navigation. Critics of the rule suggest that the number of clicks is not as important as the success of the clicks.

------------------------
I think about my inital concept and realize that "people they really want to see desired information just in three maximum clicks, I shouldn't make my interface this way"... just so you know, I will change my whole interface and promised that the interface will be so much different.